International Material Research Lab (IMRL)- Nirmalagiri College
Welcome to International Material Research Lab (IMRL). We are interested in synthesizing a wide variety of nano materials using different techniques. We characterize these materials using different techniques such as powder XRD, IR, TGA-DTA/DSC, UV and spectroflourimetry. We are investigating structural, magnetic, electrochemical, dielectrical, and catalytical properties of these materials. Developing electrochemical sensors for various biologically important molecules are of prime importance to us. Our ultimate aim is to understand the structure-property-activity relationship.
- Nygil Thomas, T Shimna, J Thomas, T Thomas, Nanomolar Detection of Dopamine at ZnO/Graphene Modified Carbon Paste Electrode, Accepted, Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers and Materials
- Nygil Thomas, VD Sudheesh, Harish Kumar Choudhary, Balaram Sahoo, Swapna S Nair, N Lakshmi, Varkey Sebastian, Magnetic Properties of MFeCrO4 (M = Co/Ni) Prepared by Solution Combustion Method, Accepted, Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism
- T Shimna, J Thomas, T Joseph, T Thomas, Nygil Thomas, Porosity tuned NiO nanocrystallites by solution combustion synthesis for the development of a voltammetric sensor for dopamine, Accepted, Journal of Porous Materials
- Nygil Thomas, T Shimna, P.V. Jithin, V.D. Sudheesh, H K Choudhary, Balaram Sahoo, Swapna S. Nair, N. Lakshmi, Varkey Sebastian "Comparative study of the structural and magnetic properties of alpha and beta phases of lithium ferrite nanoparticles synthesized by solution combustion method ", Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 2018, 462, 236-143.
- VD Sudheesh, Nygil Thomas, N Roona, Harish Choudhary, Balaram Sahoo, N Lakshmi, Varkey Sebastian "Synthesis of nanocrystalline spinel ferrite (MFe 2 O 4, M= Zn and Mg) by solution combustion method: Influence of fuel to oxidizer ratio" Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2018, 742, 577-586.
- Sudheesh V.D., Nygil Thomas, Roona N., Baghya P.K., Varkey Sebastian “Synthesis, characterization and influence of fuel to oxidizer ratio on the properties of Spinel Ferrite (MFe2O4, M = Co and Ni) prepared by Solution Combustion Method” Ceramics International, 2017, 43, 15002-15009.
- Jasmine Thomas, Nygil Thomas, Frank Girgsdies, Malte Beherns, Xing Huang, V. D. Sudheesh and Varkey Sebastian “Synthesis of Cobalt Ferrite Nanoparticles by Constant pH Co-precipitation and their High Catalytic Activity in CO Oxidation” New J. Chem., 2017,41, 7356-7363.
- Nygil Thomas, P.V. Jithin, V.D. Sudheesh, V, Sebastian, “Magnetic and dielectric properties of magnesium substituted cobalt ferrite samples synthesized via one step calcination free solution combustion method” Ceramics International, 2017, 43 (9), 7305-7310.